Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care
This qualification is suitable for anyone already working in a dementia care setting. It provides the opportunity to develop both knowledge and skills in supporting people with dementia. The Level 3 Certificate is appropriate if you have the Dementia Lead role within your organisation.
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate you need a total of 21 Credits gained by demonstrating your skills, knowledge, understanding, care values and attitudes across mandatory and optional units.
15 Credits will be gained by completing the following 4 Mandatory Units:
- Understand the process and experience of Dementia
- Enable rights and choices of individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks
- Understand and enable interaction and communication with individuals who have dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care practice.
The remaining 6 Credits will be gained by completing Optional Units. You will need to choose Optional Units that suit your career plans.
Optional Units include:
- Understand and meet the nutritional requirements of individuals with dementia
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Support the use of medication in social care settings
- Contribute to support of positive risk-taking for individuals
- Contribute to the care of a deceased person
- Provide support to continue recommended therapies
- Implement therapeutic group activities
- Support individuals who are bereaved
- Support individuals at the end of life
- Interact with and support individuals using telecommunications
- Support positive risk taking for individuals
- Facilitate person centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
- Support person-centred thinking and planning
- Support individuals in the use of assistive technology
- Understand models of disability
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Purpose and principles of independent advocacy
- Independent Mental Capacity advocacy.
Units relate to both knowledge and competence. Knowledge will be demonstrated through written assignments, answers to oral questions and reflective accounts. Competence will be demonstrated through workplace assessment and work products.
To gain the required skills, knowledge and understanding needed to successfully complete the Level 3 Certificate you may need to attend a course. Course materials and workbooks are provided. Courses times and dates are available upon request. If however, you are able to demonstrate that you have gained the required knowledge and understanding through previous learning opportunities then it may be possible to undertake an assessment only route.
To discuss the most appropriate route for you please contact Revolutions Training (see Contact Page for details)
Assessment Only Cost: £825.00 + VAT